Gnome::Vfs::VolumeMonitor - how to use?

I want to make a menu with all mounted partitions on it (with gtkmm &
gnome-vfsmm). After a suggestion to look at Gnome::Vfs::Drive, I got to
this point:

Glib::RefPtr<Gnome::Vfs::VolumeMonitor> nx =
  Gnome::Vfs::VolumeMonitor::create();
Glib::ListHandle< Glib::RefPtr<Gnome::Vfs::Volume> > ny =
  nx->get_mounted_volumes();

Which does not seem to work. Or, it causes a segfault with no real
backtrace to it.

If I can get to Gnome::Vfs::Volume::get_device_path(), I can handle it -
but I have not figured out how to get a list of drives yet. How do you
start this thing?

-Sudrien