Re: gnome-vfs code freeze break request - http method crasher

>> I fear I have to ask for another code freeze break for the http neon
>> method. I wouldn't do it but the patch fixes a really bad bug in the
>> http neon method. The problem with the current code is that it assumes
>> that ne_read_response_block returns only positiv values or 0. But in
>> fact it can return -1 on a IO error. In exactly that case calling
>> ne_end_request () will crash the method. In other words one must not
>> call ne_end_request if ne_read_response_block returns -1. So the patch
>> does correct two important things. 1) It changes "n" from
>> GnomeVFSFileSize to ssize_t so n can be negative. 2) It catches the case
>> that n == -1 and avoids calling ne_end_request in that case but sets the
>> results to GNOME_VFS_ERROR_IO (what is exactly what happened then).
>> I am sorry for the complicated patch but I think this is the cleanest
>> way to fix it. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
>> It also removes the check for bytes_read being NULL because gnome-vfs
>> will ensure that it inst for us.
>
> Thanks, but we need to know what bug the user currently sees. When will
> the user experience this bug, and what will it look like?

Also, we need
- to see the actual patch
- to hear that you've tested it.

I assume that you are the maintainer of this part of the code, but if not
then we need to know whether the maintainer has approved this patch.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com