Re: gnome-vfs code freeze break request

> I'd like to commit the attached patch to gnome-vfs, but this breaks the
> code freeze.
> It modifies eggdesktopentries.c and gnome-vfs-mime-info-cache.c

In future I'd prefer it if you ask for approval for individual patches
rather than putting the solutions for 2 bugs into one patch.

> The eggdesktopentries.c changes have been reviewed by Ray Strode and are
> already in libegg. This fixes a pretty big leak (100KB on my system on a
> simple test program) each time a mimeinfo.cache file is (re)loaded.

How often will this happen?

> The gnome-vfs-mime-info-cache.c changes fix a memory cleanup issue which
> made gnome-vfs try to access freed memory under some conditions, this
> fixes bug #150467.

Here is 1 of 2 approvals for that second item - a simple fix for a crash.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com