Re: Why just webdav and ftp in the dns-sd-method?

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 09:01 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 19:27 +0200, Sjoerd Simons wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >   gnome-vfs only looks for _webdav._tcp and _ftp._tcp services. Is there a
> >   reason for that ?  I
> >
> >   'm personally using _ssh._tcp (sftp) and _http._tcp for my sharing needs.
> >   Adding these to the dns-sd-method is obviously trivial and works fine :)
>
> These are not generally used as file sharing mechanisms. In most cases
> you'll encounter these they would not be used for sharing filesystems.

yes, but the ssh service is announced in the discovery system, so I
think all announced services to which Nautilus can access should show up
on the network: window, for an easy access. Even if not used for sharing
filesystems, I think it should still show up, to avoid having the user
type the ssh:... URL's directly for the machines in his local network.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>