Re: Identifying drives/volumes

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 08:59 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> The reason I'm asking is that its a bit hard to specify volumes. How do
> you know what is availible, and where it gets mounted? If you plug in
> some usb flash it'll get assigned to say /mnt/usbflash2, but you can't
> depend on that, since it depends on what other usb flash devices was
> plugged in before.

Hmm.  I guess this isn't really thought out at the infrastructure level
to let us "easily" plug a lock-down mechanism on top.  So I'm willing to
put the lock-down stuff for the file chooser extension spec in a
"Future" appendix, rather than try to have it in immediately.

In any case, thanks for the discussion; this should help get a better
grip of the issues involved in lock-down for files :)

  Federico