Re: Gnome VFS - plans for Gnome 2.8

> How does the file selector know when you're trying to open a desktop
> file as a file, or treat it as a link?

I think the file selector should always treat desktop files as links.
The reason for that is that - unless you are an experienced user - you
hardly ever need to edit desktop files. And if you are an experienced
user and really need to edit a desktop files, you still can right-click
on the desktop file, or go to a terminal.

--
Julien Olivier <julo altern org>