Re: porting C methods to gnome-vfs

On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 12:39, Venkatakrishnan Kannan wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I am trying to port an application to gnome vfs.
>  Are there any gnome vfs counterparts for some of the
> standard File Methods like fgets, fputs, fdopen,
> setvbuf, fflush or do we need to write our own methods
> for these..?

gnome-vfs doesn't do any buffering, so there is no equivalent for the
buffered C library functions like fgets, fdopen, and fflush.  All
gnome-vfs replaces is the low-level C library functions like open, read,
and write.

Buffering would be very desirable, and I worked on solving it a while
back, but we didn't really come to a final consensus on how it should
work.  Hopefully someone will start on it again.