Re: Gnome VFS - plans for Gnome 2.8

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 05:19, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> Some stuff that I'd like to see done:

[...]

I'd like to add one thing to this list - a way to open a file async, but
later do sync reads.  I specifically want this for Rhythmbox, so that we
can open a radio station asynchronously, and then pass the handle to
gnomevfssrc inside GStreamer so it can do synchronous reads.  This way
Rythmbox won't hang until TCP timeout on sites that are down.

GnomeVFS already sort-of supports this with
gnome_vfs_async_open_as_channel, but I don't want a GIOChannel, I want a
GnomeVFSHandle :)