Re: tls-ftp and GConf
- From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: Andy Hanton <andyhanton comcast net>
- Cc: "gnome-vfs-list gnome org" <gnome-vfs-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: tls-ftp and GConf
- Date: 08 Sep 2003 13:20:02 +0200
On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 13:15, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> Since vfs modules are very hidden, very "automatic" pieces of code, with
> no user interface or visible user-model these kinds of settings just
> don't work that well. Unless they are really honest-to-god preferences,
> ie. do you prefer it this way or that way, everything still works
> whatever you decide.
Furthermore, i'd like to point out that usage of gconf in vfs modules is
very tricky, due to the fact that gconf is not threadsafe, and vfs
modules are highly threaded.
Alexander Larsson Red Hat, Inc
alexl redhat com alla lysator liu se
He's a scrappy small-town ex-con with acid for blood. She's a violent
insomniac femme fatale with an MBA from Harvard. They fight crime!
] [Thread Prev