Querying components for mime types?

Hello,

in my application, I need to know whether a
bonobo control is available for a given mime
type.

I've tried the following:

- gnome_vfs_mime_get_default_component(type):
  the call always returns NULL, and the following
  is printed on the console:

  ** (<unknown>:20084): CRITICAL **: file bonobo-activation-activate.c:
line 260 (bonobo_activation_query): assertion `ac != NULL' failed

- gnome_vfs_mime_get_all_components(type):
  same problem as above

Somehow it seems as if something goes wrong
with bonobo_activation. I've done gnome_vfs-
_init() and tried bonobo_activation_init(), but to no avail.

I have checked bugzilla and searched the mailing
list archives.

I'm using gnome-vfs 2.2.3 from debian unstable
(+experimental).

Anyone have a clue what might be going wrong
here?

Cheers,

Christian Glodt