Re: gnome-vfs-sftp 0.1.2

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 11:29, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On 25 Mar 2003, Bradford Hovinen wrote:
>
> > > If i type sftp://192.168.0.10/ (my machine, which has no keys set up) I
> > > get a password prompt on the terminal I started nautilus on. I have to
> > > press enter three times on it to get the error message.
> >
> > Hmmm... I could pass -oNumberofPasswordPrompts=1 so that the dialog only
> > comes up one time before giving up. Of course, that means the program is
> > less forgiving of input error, but I guess that is reasonable in this
> > case.
>
> But I have to press enter on the *terminal*, or the sftp method blocks
> forever...

I did not notice that part...

Did you start Nautilus from the terminal?

If the ssh process has a tty associated with it, then it will use that
tty to prompt for a password rather than launching
openssh-askpass-gnome. I'm not sure how to force ssh not to use the
terminal for that purpose.

--
Bradford Hovinen              http://www.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bghovinen/
School of Computer Science    Email:  bghovinen math uwaterloo ca