How to determine if a file is an MP3

I want to be able to get certain files from a directory based on their
type.  Up until now i have been using the

gnome_vfs_directory_list_load( list, uri,
GNOME_VFS_FILE_INFO_GET_MIME_TYPE)

function, to retrieve a GList.  I then thought i could just extract the
mime_type information from the GnomeVFSFileInfo Stuct that was stored in
the list.  But every time I try to do this, the program seg faults.

If i call the about function with the 'GNOME_VFS_FILE_INFO_DEFAULT'
options then it works fine, but the mime_type returns NULL always.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Justin Fowler
Software Engineer