Re: why not http-method POST yet?

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 11:42, Chipzz wrote:
> On 12 Feb 2003, Frederic Crozat wrote:
>
> > From: Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
> > Subject: Re: why not http-method POST yet?
> >
> > Why not use libsoup, it is already in glib2 and support webdav ?
>
> Yeah you brought that up allready. :)

Actually I brought it up. :)

> The advantage of libcurl is that it can be used in the other methods as
> well, probably covers more of the http protocol than libsoup does, and
> is around longer and as such has had a lot more testing than libsoup.
>
> But I'm not against libsoup per se.

True, libsoup only does HTTP, although it does support most of the HTTP
specs (RFC 2616, RFC 2617) including basic, digest, and NTLM
authentication.  Since it was ported to glib2 the SOAP portions have
been dropped and it's only an HTTP library now.  Both Evolution and Red
Carpet use it, so while it's not without bugs, it's reasonably stable.
Oh, and it does SSL through an out-of-process OpenSSL hack, although I'd
love to see it ported to NSS or GnuTLS.  But I digress.

Certainly I have no objections to libcurl, although the setjmp/longjmp
stuff in it scares me :), if it's the right thing to do.  I just figured
libsoup would "plug in" better because of its integration with glib.

Joe