Re: Suggestion for file type detection approach

> > > DETECTION BY SUFFIX
> > >  1.Allows wrong results on invalid input (files with wrong
> > >    suffixes)
> > Cannot be fixed to run correctly.
> Yes it can, the file suffix can be changed.
> There is nothing more frustrating than opening a dir of mp3's in nautilus and have it
>take over 2 min to display the files.  While in windows it takes the
>blink of an eye.

I wonder how many MP3 are in the directory.  I can (on my not very
impressive system) open a directory with 170 MP3s and a dozen of other
various file types in nautilus and it is pretty near "blink of an eye"
speed.  Certainly no where even close to 2 minutes.

Perhaps your dreadful nautilus performance is symptomatic of some other
efficiency issue or problem with your system.

Nautilus ain't the worlds fastest file broweser but this thread makes it
sound like there is some just-horrible-borderline-unusable performance
issue.  There isn't.