in place writing

I've implemented a 'secure' delete operation that overwrites (using
gnome-vfs) a file multiple times with random data.
Does gnome-vfs provide any guarantees that the writing will actually be in
the same place on disk each time?
Here's the relevant code:

result = gnome_vfs_write (handle, buffer, info.size, &wrote);
result = gnome_vfs_seek (handle, GNOME_VFS_SEEK_START, 0);
g_return_if_fail (result == GNOME_VFS_OK);

this is all in a loop where buffer is refilled with random data.

Thanks, and please cc me since I'm not on the list.