Re: [Fwd: gnome-vfs-mime.h should be in gnome-vfs ?]

On Sun, 2002-09-01 at 19:56, Seth Nickell wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 06:16, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > Hi Bastien,
> >
> > On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 00:06, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > > Just talked to Anders about it. I need the very simple:
> > > gnome_vfs_mime_type_from_name() function in freecell (from the
> > > gnome-games), and this function is only available in gnome-vfs-module,
> > > not in gnome-vfs.
> >
> > 	Why do you need the mime_type_from_name function ? it's un-reliable,
> > and only uses extension matching; why not use gnome_vfs_get_mime_type ?
> > It's more accurate, and hopefully only slightly slower, I can't imagine
> > what freecell would be needing to do to thousands of files that would
> > make a perceptible difference there.
>
> I believe the kosher way of doing this is actually to use get_file_info.

Problem is we only get the name of the file, not its complete path. I
guess this function would need a bit of a rework. I still don't see what
this function is doing in gnome-vfs-module and not in gnome-vfs.

I'll just file a bug for Ross to fix ;)

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera