Re: GnomeVFS maintainership change - hmm

On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 17:58, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 05:41:00PM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > 	I'd respectfully suggest again then, that a minimum fix for this is
> > restoring balance by appending Alex G's name to the list of maintainers.
> The only thing I'd really like to see is that Alex L and/or Dave Camp
> have veto power over changes. What that means in terms of the
> maintainer list, I don't know. But I assumed it meant one of them
> would be maintainer.

	I'd certainly be happier to see Dave and AlexL doing it together rather
than just one. I'd be even happier to see Jody and myself taking an
active role in reviewing any changes - inasmuch that we've had to deal
with some of the acute mess in gnome-vfs pwrt. threading and the mime /
is-local issues.

	AlexL - what do you say ? my only fear is that the decision to abstract
the word 'maintainers' from those doing the maintenance is not a healthy
one long term ;-) [ my other concern is that no-one is actually doing
any gnome-vfs maintenance in the immediate time frame - except perhaps
Christophe Fergeau ].

	Regards,

		Michael.