Re: Patch: user mime info directory monitoring fix

Le jeu 05/12/2002 à 09:13, Alexander Larsson a écrit :
> On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Chipzz wrote:
>
> > On 4 Dec 2002, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> >
> > > From: Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
> > > Subject: Patch: user mime info directory monitoring fix
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > The following patch fixes a small performance hit when fam is used for
> > > file monitoring :
> > >
> > > if fam is compiled with dnotify support and if you try to monitor
> >                      ^^^^
> >
> > Don't you mean without? ;)
>
> No he doesn't. Although the same is true if you compile it without dnotify
> support too. (But then it always polls.)

Alex is right, I mean with :))

Another way to fix the problem would be to change fam dnotify support to
monitor parent directory with dnotify when directory to monitor doesn't
exist but I guess it could be tricky to implement if immediate parent
doesn't exist too :((

Anyway, there was no comment on the patch by itself :))
--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
MandrakeSoft