xfer API broken in gnome-2-0 and HEAD?

I recently had a problem with one of my porgrams, and I wrote a few
simple test cases to analyse the problem. Turned out the actual problem
was in my program, but I found some problems in gnome-vfs while testing

There's a tar-ball containaing these test at:

http://chipzz.studentenweb.org/gnome/gvfs-test.tar.bz2

To run the test, just  unpack the tarball, go in to the dir gvfs-test
and type 'make test'

With the gnome-2-0 branch of gnome-vfs, all the tests pass except the
sync-xfer, so I asked yakk to take a look at it. He uses HEAD, and there
all tests passed except the async-test.

Can someone please look into this?
BTW, these are not the only probems WRT xfer, I discovered some others
too (but I'll write a seperate mail about that)

PS: The unpacked source is also available at:

http://chipzz.studentenweb.org/gnome/gvfs-test/

Kind regards,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout