Re: [Usability] OT: Re: A battery applet...

David Christian Berg wrote:

Hmm, I'm actually _hoping_ for a new artwork or being able to draw some
pictures myself. I have a 1024*768 Screen and the battery picture is way
to big for my panel. I'd like to see some windows like applet that goes
down from top to bottom, with the difference that it should actually
show the battery status and not only have like 3 states as in windows,
where you can only guess where you are, since with 60% or something it
still shows "full". I'd really love this to be themable!
I did a patch like this for Ubuntu, which can be found here:
   http://people.ubuntu.com/~jamesh/gnome-applets-battstat-status.patch

With the patch, you can turn off the large battery charge indicator, and still see how much charge you have from the small icon. The downside is that the small icon doesn't give an indication of charge while on AC power.

I told Davyd about the patch, but he seemed to want to clean up the applet for 2.10, but if that isn't likely to happen it might be worth including the above patch.

James.