Re: Which Linux distro

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 22:20 +0000, David Lodge wrote:
> The essentials:
> 1) Easy package management (a yum alike would be fine)
> 2) Minimal dependency hell
> 3) Wireless support (I don't want to have to compile the drivers every
> time I upgrade the kernel)
> 4) Sensible file system format (Gnome is not part of the OS and belongs in
> /opt not /usr godsdammit!)
> 5) No crap packages (e.g. isdn, ppp ad nauseam)

1/2 and 4 are kind of in opposition; package management software will
generally leave /opt to third-party packagers.

> I've tried Ubuntu, but it has in built package dependency hell.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but all I have to do is point and
drool at the application icon and it installs it.

Maybe you should grab any old distro and stick GARNOME on it or
something?

Cheers,

Alex.