Re: Proposed constitution for society (needed for bank account)

On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 13:41 +0200, Rob Bradford wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 11:57 +0100, Alex Hudson wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 12:22 +0200, Rob Bradford wrote:
> > > This is derived from the Debian UK one which was happily accepted by the
> > > bank. In terms of banking, Debian UK opted for the Co-Op since they have
> > > quite a good deal for societies. There was a lot of hassle because not
> > > all the signatories could get to the same branch to open the account at
> > > the same time. Once this obstacle is overcome it should be plain
> > > sailing.
> >
> > This is basically how AFFS was setup. It's ok, _except_:
> >
> >       * Co-op need a lot of paperwork to change signatories, which is
> >         annoying;
> >       * No internet banking on free software
>
> I have since been alerted to both these facts.
>
> > I would suggest at least investigating other less-sucky alternatives.
> > NatWest used to do a clubs account.
>
> Definitely to be considered.

If that means anything, Natwest do list Firefox and Mozilla in their
supported browsers list[1].

There's also a day-to-day and reserve accounts for clubs, under Business
-> Day to day -> Community groups (at the bottom)

Being a Natwest customer, I can say that I never had problems with the
website itself, which is nice.

I'll let somebody else do the comparisons though.

Cheers

[1]: http://www.natwest.com -> Online banking Login (top right) ->
Accessibility (top left)
--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
"We talk about it for 20 minutes and then we decide I was right" - Brian