Welcome to the new mailing list

Welcome to the new gnome-uk mailing list! Since we have had several problems in the past with the previous list, it was decided by a number of members that it would be a good time to move the list to the gnome.org servers. The old list has not been available for several weeks, and it could still be some time before the complete archives are back on line.

The LinuxWorld Expo is approaching fast, so it is vital that we use this list to organise our stand. Brian Teeman has contacted me this week to apologise that no new information about the event has been forthcoming, but promised that more details would be available later this week. By all accounts though, this should be one of the best GNOME stands at Olympia yet! We have more people involved than on any previous occasions, and of course we have GNOME 2.12 which was released yesterday.

-Thomas