Re: scaled icons

> On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 18:31 +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> > Il giorno mar, 09/05/2006 alle 10.34 -0400, Matthias Clasen ha scritto:
> > >

> > > only 28 were scaled. If you look at the attached list, you see
> > > that most of them fall into 2 categories:
> > >
> > > - gtk stock icons which are used in buttons, thus are loaded in
> > >   size 20, but are only available in size 24
> >
> > So, could we switch GTK+ to use 16 pixels icons for buttons?
> >
> > I'm using this behavior via .gtkrc and it's not so bad.
> >

> How about simply adding the missing icons instead ?
>
> 20 is already small, and it is not going to get better with increasing
> screen solutions.

Because it's already bad enough that we have to draw them in 16 and 22
sizes. Any reason to not make the buttons use 22 or 24 instead, to match
the toolbar size? It's hard enough drying the icons at these small
sizes. Having to redraw the icons with 2 square pixels of difference so
many times is just not worth the time.

-- dobey