Re: Clearlooks 2

> as you might have noticed, the clearlooks metacity theme got a
> complete revamp[1]. I would like to commit this to CVS, but I'm asking
> here first since it is practically a new theme and would affect the
> default look of GNOME 2.14. It goes well with clearlooks-cairo and I
> think that both together should make for a nice visual update. Any
> objections?

We are now in the UI Change Announcement Period, so all user interface
changes must be announced to gnome-doc-list gnome org

I don't really have any opinions on your changes, but they definitely fit
in better with the changes to the Clearlooks GTK+ theme. I.e. the new
buttons match the new glossy scrollbars. I don't actually particularly
think GNOME should have a glossy look, but since no one has made any
objections I don't have a problem with it. I can always choose a different
theme :-)

> In the latest version I switched to small pixmaps for the button
> icons, since drawing the outlined X with metacity drawing ops turned
> out extremely impractical to say the least. The difference shouldn't
> be noticeable at most sizes and it's actually a bit faster. I would
> like to make them scalable again once metacity supports vector drawing
> ops.

This is a slight concern, especially from a usability point of view. How
does the theme look with a large title bar font?

-Thomas