Re: breakage caused by removed icons from gnome-icon-theme

Le samedi 04 f�ier 2006 �3:14 -0500, Matthias Clasen a �it :
> On 2/4/06, Christian Persch <chpe gnome org> wrote:
> > Arguably the icon names provided by gnome desktop's gnome-icon-theme are
> > part of some sort of ABI; should they therefore part of our ABI
> > stability guarantee?
>
> Yes, at least we should avoid shooting our own foot by removing icon names that
> are in active use by gnome applications. Time to revert to
> gnome-icon-theme 2.12 ?

The main issue that I see with this change is that it happens so late in
the release cycle and we don't know what was removed and what is still
there. IMHO, we should have done this at the beginning of the release
cycle. FWIW, my opinion is that we should go back to gnome-icon-theme
2.12 for GNOME 2.14, too.

Also, is the new icon naming spec finalized? Or will it change again?

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�