Re: [Fwd: gnome-themes branched for 2.10]

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 11:22 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
> > Well, just a brainstorming of long and short term tasks:
> >      1. put Clearlooks engine in gtk-engines, enabling progress bar
> >         animation :-)
>
> Clearlooks is now in gtk-engines. Progress bar animation won't be
> enabled by default - it's a bit of a hack.

It's not bad code though and there are no known problems[1]. Right now
it's also getting tested in Ubuntu Hoary. We definitely recommend
everyone to use it, because it's a very nice and useful feature.

[1] Other than that it obviously doesn't work with Firefox/Thunderbird,
like so many other things... And it can't update the animation if the
application doesn't update the mainloop. All of these problems are
merely cosmetic and in most cases it works perfectly fine.

--
Daniel Borgmann <daniel borgmann gmail com>