Re: Gnome Theme Engines

> As mentioned in the other thread, in an effort to clean up the
> gnome-theme dependency chain, and provide a centralized location for the
> most important theme engines too be installed by default in any GNOME
> install; and given that gtk-engines is not available, I would like to
> see a new module in place in time for GNOME 2.10, which means any
> decision needs to be made NOW if there is any hope of it getting
> accepted. Especially given that there is nothing in cvs yet, and
> gnome-themes and gnome-themes extras would also have to be patched and
> cleaned up accordingly.

I have discussed gtk-engines with Owen some days ago, and we agreed
to move the pixbuf engine to gtk, and then "give gtk-engines free"
to whoever wants to actively maintain it.

We will need a couple of days to get the necessary cvs surgery done,
but it shouldn't be necessary to create another module for theme engines.

Regards, Matthias