Re: [REPLACE] gnome-panel icon

Il lun, 2003-06-23 alle 11:46, Lapo Calamandrei ha scritto:
> Sorry, I don't like this one very much, for the following reasons
> 	+ we are not going to have the "foot menu" in default 	configuration
> (isn't it?), so perhaps we should avoid it in the icon

If I remember well their names in English, we have the "Main Menu" (the
simple foot just in 1.x times) and the "Menu Bar" (Application+Action
default one on top left corner). Both have the foot logo inside.

To use only the foot is IMHO related to i18n reasons, don't a 'link' to
the Main Menu: don't place labels in icons.

I know that it's not a really suggestive icon for panel, it's just an
update.

> 	+ the cut on the right is too "hard", it should fade or be
> 	somewhat rounded

Yeah, it need a little more GIMP work.

> 	+ is the arrow different? (we don't have arrows in the default config
> too, but a grey rectangle, doesn't seems a panel :-))

This is a theme engine trouble!!!!!!!!!!!

In 2.3.x panel should use arrows from gtk theme, but it seems thinice
has some trouble drawing it.

Same trouble in evolution's multi-new button in toolbar, but don't in
nautilus multiple back/forward or gedit open recent