Re: Gnome Beautification "Movement"

What about GTK/Widget themes? I would say that is just as important as
icons and backgrounds,  and sadly lacking in the Gnome mainstream. There
is Wonderland, Galaxy, and now Industrial, but again all of these are
"downstream" and IMO none of them are good enough for a "pretty" gnome
default. And while there are many other attempts to produce such themes
in gnome-themes they are mostly pixbuf themes, and really not as suited
for the general usable defaults gnome strives toward.

Obviously there are many other attempts to produce nice themes, XFCE has
done this recently with there newest versions, Smooth has striven toward
good themes in general, although it also is rather lacking because of
general stability and completeness. gnome-themes-extras also has some
but again, these are more geared toward eye-candy, whereas I would say
that to beautify Gnome we need less flashy/overwhelming colour schemes
and more good simpler yet still prettier themes than what are currently
available.

On the same note of colours, we need to get past the all flat boring and
usually downright ugly grays, but replacing it all with minor variations
on the same bright pastel blues for everything is not the best solution
either.

(and no Eugenia's proposal does not fit this IMO and even finished will
not make a good default, though it _might_ make a good alternative)

Andrew