Re: Icon Theme Spec and Cross-desktop Themeing

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 17:23, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> Hi,
> This is an initial mail to warn you all that I'm working on a
> proposal for updates to the Icon Theme spec, and to solicit
> complaints against the current revision, or suggestions for
> improvement. Currently my proposals exist of the following:
> - Adding support for the ~/.themes tree
> - Standardizing names for icons, so that we will actually have
>   cross-desktop icon themes, rather than a buttload of duplicate
>   icons, because they are named differently between kde and gnome

I hope you manage that, but when I asked about this doing the original
spec it seemed like people did not want this:

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a short-sighted dishevelled librarian who knows the secret of the alien
invasion. She's a vivacious psychic soap star who believes she is the
reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!