problem using themes...

Hello gnome-themes-list,

  Incoming n00b question (sorry :-(....

  ok.  I am using FreeBSD 4.6Prerelease and the gnome-5th-toe port as of
  5/7/2002.  I  am  using  Sawfish  as  the  window manager. I am having
  trouble  with  certain  GTK themes not applying what appears to be the
  entire theme. Is that possible? Some themes just turn everything white
  with  the default style buttons, etc. with black text. Some GTK themes
  will  apply  the  color  but not the buttons, radio boxes, drop downs,
  etc. I am fairly new to the world of Unix/BSD/Linux and the concept of
  a  "Desktop  Manager"  and a "Window Manager"... please go easy on me.
  I've hunted through deja.com and google.com for help with my issue and
  I cannot seem to find any. I know this is rather petty, but I see some
  nice  looking  screenshots  of  desktops out there and I would like to
  have one too :-)

  Thank  you  all  so much for any help you can provide. And if you need
  anything more from me, please let me know.

  Some info about my system:

FreeBSD odus.matt-net 4.6-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 4.6-PRERELEASE #0: Tue May  7 23:04:36 PDT 2002     root odus matt-net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MATTKERN  i386

odus# gnome-session --version
Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
SESSION_MANAGER=local/odus.matt-net:/tmp/.ICE-unix/37226
Gnome gnome-session 1.4.0.8

GTK  is  version 1.2 (i'm not sure how to determine the version from the
system.  I just know it's 1.2, 'cause that is what I installed)

I'm not sure what else anyone may need to help me....

--
Best regards,
 MDC                          mailto:mdc33 dslextreme com