From: "Joshua Pierre" <
joshua swool com>
To: "G?rald" <
gerald dunet com>
Cc: <
gtk themes org>
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: Gnome 1.4

> Hey,
>
> > I'm sorry if that's not the right place to ask that...
>
> That's ok, I should be able to help you.
>
> > I have installed Gnome 1.4 which uses GTK+ 1.2 and all the 1.2.x themes
I have (re-)installed from my former Gnome 1.2 don't work anymore:
especially it seems that pixmaps are not displayed correctly. All I see is
about always the same default GTK theme with wierd colors even when deleting
my ~/.themes folder and reinstalling each theme. Any idea how to fix that?
Are the 1.2.x themes not compatible with Gnome 1.4?

> The problem here is most probably because you don't have the gtk-engine's
package installed.

> If you are using Debian GNU/Linux you can do this:
>
> apt-get install gtk-engines-pixmap
>
> That command will install the pixmap engine for you and the theme will
instantly start working after you re-select it or possibly restart X.

> If you are not using Debian I suggest you have a look for an rpm on
rpmfind.net or the source from
ftp.gtk.org

http://themes.org/