Re: Creating themes for Gnome...

Am Mit, 2001-11-14 um 10.20 schrieb Devin Henderson:
> I would like to be able to create and edit themes for Gnome. How do I
> get started? Any information will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Take a look at the folders /usr/share/themes and ~/.themes. That's where
Your gtk themes are stored which describe the way the things inside of
the window are drawn. Unfortunately there is no comprehensive manual,
but fortunately the subject isn't that complex and most things can be
figured out just by looking at other themes or testing changes.
Take a look at the following website for a good documentation of the
file [theme]/gtk/gtkrc:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/4063/GTK_widgets.html
I also found it very helpfull to create a test theme containing all of
these widgets and applying an easy noticable (rainbow colored) change to
one object. I usually had different apps open and changed themes with
the control center. To speed things up create a folder
~/.themes/[mytheme] with Your theme and copy the content with cp -a
[mytheme] A# to folders A1 to A4. Then just switch between A1 to A4.
when You reached A4 issue rm -rf A1 A2 A3 A4 to repeat this process.
Have a lot of fun,
Alexander Werth

--
The right to read is a battle being fought today...