troughs?

I'm working on a gtk theme to go with my minEguE Enlightenment theme. What
I'm trying to figure out is how to set scrollbars, progressbars, and sliders
to each have a different trough. All of the pixmap themes I've looked at all
have the same image for the background of each, so looking into other
themes' gtkrc files hasn't been of help.

Along the same lines, is there a way to differnetiate between things like
balence sliders, which are nuteral in the middle, and volume sliders which
range from 0 to 100%?  I'd like to have balence type sliders be
conventional, but have volume type sliders have a bar running from zero to
the slider psoition. This is sort of hard to explain.
heres a feable attempt at ascii art :-)
here's how I'd like volume sliders to look:

as opposed to balence:

Thanks,
        Ben