Re: Bevels, sigh

On 30 Jan 1998, Russell Nelson wrote:

> I don't think we should make the theme code more complicated by having
> special bevel-drawing code.  Much better to make themes be efficient,
> so that standard buttons could be specified with a nine-pixel pixmap
> with a border of one.

Even if the buttons can be specified in a nine-pixel pixmap, when
the pixmap is enlarged it is no longer as efficient (memory wise) as
just using drawing routines.  This can be gotton around only with
9 X-Windows and tiling correct?

I don't like the sound of making the simplest gtkbutton take 9

Shawn T. Amundson

while (i) { last }
    i, do exist.