Re: button themes

Shawn T. Amundson wrote:
<deletia...>
> To work with the unload/refresh commands we may wish to
> keep track of a couple of things - such as which widgets
> think they can use the things being unloaded or refreshed.
> To do this, widgets should be able to register themselves
> as using the theme:
>
> gtk_theme_register_widget("57chevy", widget);
> gtk_theme_unregister_widget("57chevy", widget);

<deletia...>

Hmmm....I could see where this might be useful in another way,
I (used to) use Kaliedascope on my wife's Mac, and am frustrated
with not being able to pick-and-choose elements from more than one
theme.  I had something like 4 different NeXTstep themes, each having
a portion of it that was 'better' than the others.  The only way to
get a consolidated 'best' theme involved lots of use of ResEdit and
too much work (not that I'm lazy, it should just be easier).

I want to be able to pick a theme, and selected *classes* of objects
that I want to apply the theme to (i.e. apply it to buttons and
canvases, but not window decorations).  If your suggested routine
here would test itself against a class list, this would seem to be
pretty straightforward.

 Robert J. Slover | Admin Sys Mgr | Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology

 "Yesterday starts tomorrow, Tomorrow starts today.  The problem
  always seems to be we're picking up the pieces on the ricochet..."
                                                    -Marillion, "Jigsaw"