Re: Themes Themes... Drool time?

On 26 Feb, Jason Gilbert shouted:
->  raster@redhat.com wrote:
->  >
->  > Just for pure drool value and to let people know that I am actually
->
->  I had an excellent pavlovian response;^)
->
->  > It's the testgtk runing as:
->  >
->  > ./testgtk --theme theme2
->
->  I have just two questions:
->
->  1)  I assume not currently, but does the design allow for changing the
->  theme on the fly.  for example, selecting a theme in a drop down box and
->  then having all the widgets change to follow the new theme.  Similar to
->  how kde can switch from the motif -> win95 look.

the design allows for it.. on a whacge.. every widget must be called to
do a theme_exit, then call the theme's bglobal exit, then call the
theme's global inti , then call the theme init and then do a theme_init
for each widget, and thne do a redraw of all widgets - I havent done
this code yet... and mightn't for a while - but the design allows this.

->  2)  Not really a question but just a confirmation since I haven't seen
->  the code.  I assume that any drawing routines that isn't overridden will
->  use the default look, correct?

ALL drawing code is outside of gtk (currently i have only moved butotn
drawing code out). the theme contains all the code to do this - so gtk
doesn't have any drawing code anymore. thsi makes gtkbuton about
400 lines shorter- and makes it cleaner. the theme library contains the
drawing code - if no theme is specified the default theme library is
loaded to do the drawing - which loosk just like what you have now.

->  Looks excellent, can't wait for the code release.
->
->  jason
->

--