Question: Would a "color-filter" attribute be useful?

If the discussion is not particularly solid yet on various color choices, then
I would ask if in gtk there mightn't be an attribute which would "filter" the
colors under a certain tree and modify the RGB.

This would be so one could "dim" various apps, or even customize different
"shades" for different variations (hues for different machine's rxvts/eterms?)

Variations within the app should still (at least, over > 8bpp) be maintained as
distinct colors... but it would be *very* useful from an external perspective
to "shade" a visual tree in various directions.

This would have to, obviously be relatively sparse attribute.. lest every
widget take 8 "shadings" to get to its final value.

If this is somehow already inherent in Imlib.. then please forgive my ignorance.

	-- CH

--
// {if(me==chris)me->confuse(yu);} // DubleTawk+SinglThots+AntiFathe: UnRome II
### C>H> ### jeezfrk@h2net.net ////////////////// {"Nietzsche is dead."-God} //