Re: themes....

Such a tool would be a seperate application and should not neccesarily be
part of the themability in GNOME. Although configuration files should be
designed to make it as easy as possible to have a program modify them as
well as parse them.

I think that such an application has been planned all along for
Enlightenment, and consequently for GTK themes... But it cannot be written
until the theme system has been fully implemented. A trap we should avoid
is going with a graphical config system exclusively, since that would
exclude things such as a perl based theme interpreter. To remain powerfull
the theme system must allow the author to do more complicated things than
just specifying a pixmap background.

But how to reconcile the two? If theme files allow inline scripting and
other more complex tools how would a graphical config tool handle those?