Re: Bevels, sigh

Guillermo S. Romero / unnamed / Familia Romero writes:
 > >Why enlarge the pixmap, then draw the pixmap?  Why not draw FROM the
 > >pixmap?  It's not too tough to notice that the pixmap only has 3x3
 > >pixels, that the border is 1, and then draw it as four lines, four
 > >pixels, and one filled rectangle.
 >
 > Should be set then a "protocol" to decide when a pixmap is used as template
 > for drawing lines? Maybe all (x * x) images should be considered a template
 > for lines, where (x = 2 * y + 1).

Right, that's what I was suggesting -- that the code which paints a
pixmap, for some pixmaps, scales into a pixmap then draws the pixmap,
and for other pixmaps, draws using the information given in the pixmap.

 > Or better if a pixmap has only on pixel of "center area", the pixmap is a
 > "draw me as lines" one. This way you can have bevels with 2+ pixels, maybe 4
 > pixels in one side and 2 in others. Or strange bevels of 3 pixels on all sides.

That would need a way to specify four border widths -- left, right,
top, and bottom.  Right now the border is equal on all four sides.

 > And remmber that 1 pixel bevel in 640 looks OK, but not in 1600 (4
 > pixels?).

As long as themes are specified in terms of pixmaps, themes will need
to be resolution-specific.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>  http://web.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software supports freed software | PGPok |   Freedom is the primary