Re: Tracking progress of the projects

Hi,

On mer, 2006-06-28 at 17:35 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We want to see the SoC projects becoming great successes. One key point
> here is that it's important to let the community know about what the
> students are doing. There are already some nice posts on Planet GNOME
> SoC2006 and it's really glad to read about the progresses there.
>
> If you're a student, please (continue to) do such posts, but don't
> forget you can also send mail to the mailing lists for feedback, and
> also use all the usual communication medias. Also, sending weekly
> reports will help your mentors know what you're doing, and then they'll
> be able to promote your work ;-)

Most of the mid-term evaluations have been filled, and it looks like for
many projects, the mentor would love to see more interaction. I don't
know what's the best way to achieve this since there are many reasons
(some mentors could do with more free time, eg), but I guess a good
first step for students who don't do this right now is to send weekly
reports about their work.

Also, a lot of people in the community are asking about what you are
doing, so it would really be great if you could send an email or write a
blog entry about the mid-term status of your project. We'll then be able
to list all those in a mail to foundation-list. And you'll get more
feedback :-)

Thanks,

Vincent

--