Re: [gnome-slackware] Compile GNOME for Slackware 10.2

> Hi,
>
> I want to compile GNOME for a Slackware 10.2 system and generate tgz
> packages, because I tested Dropline, gware and gsb projects, but anyone
> ships a GNOME that satisfied me. I don't like too the way that the
> system is build with the GARNOME and jhbuild scripts. I want to have
> more control.
>
> I want only to compile the packages that are in the 2.12 start page
> (platform, desktop and bindings), but it will save me a lot of work if
> someone can give me the right order to build each package.
>
> I tried to find it in the gnome discussions list, but without success. I
> look at the BLFS (Beyond Linux From Scratch) that have informations
> about compiling GNOME from scratch, but without success too. The
> informations in BLFS appear to be outdated.
>
> Thanks,
> Carlos.

Hi,
you can grab the correct compilation order from jhbuild or garnome
building scripts, and then write your .SlackBuild and doinst.sh for every
gnome module, but it will be a lot of work. A lot less work would be
tailoring dropline, gware or frg-gnome to your needs.

Luca