[gnome-slackware] Cannot logout gnome on Slack 10

Hi,

I did my first Slackware install a few weeks ago (and like it a lot).

However, last week I started to have a problem with Gnome.

When I use the Gnome Action menu to logout a user, nothing happens and the panel hangs indefinitely (the rest does not, I can still right click and get a shell).

I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to exit the Gnome session.

Now, I though the problem was that I started to use KDM instead of GDM, but I changed back and it does not fix it. Also saw posts about the /etc/hosts file being setup so that Gnome can do a reverses lookup, and "rm -rf .gnome*" in my home, but no luck.

All users have the same problem, including new ones and root.

Using KDE in the mean time.
Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Marc