[gnome-slackware] Charmaps and slackware

Hi,

I use a slack-9.1 and I would like to access greek letters in gnome
documents. Unfortunately, most are not accessible. I did not encounter
this problem with other distribs, and the same characters are perfectly
usable in KDE even on a slackware. I could not find what prevents the
use of all the existing characters in gnome there. Any idea?

Best regards,

Jean Bréfort