Re: [gnome-slackware]Gnome 2

On Sat, 2002-08-31 at 19:10, Tyler Longren wrote:
> I know, and the thing is, I do have Python 2.2.  I just used the version
> that came with Slackware.  Then I thought it might not have been
> compiled with the necesasry ./configure flags.  So I got the python
> source and compiled in everything myself.  It still complained about not
> being able to find a usable version of Python.
>
> tyler

Works fine on my box even if I have python 2.1 installed :

ls -l /usr/bin/python
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            9 Jul 31 23:31 /usr/bin/python
-> python2.1

and configure gives:

checking for Python >= 2.0 with expat support... python2.2

are you sure you have pyxml with expat support enabled (you didn't
answered to this question)