[gnome-slackware]trouble with galeon/sawfish

Hello,

I hope, this is the right place to ask this question.

Since I upgraded from Slackware 8.0 to 8.1 I have trouble with galeon
and/or sawfish. It might be the same problem.

Here are the symptoms:
When the window of Galeon is maximized and I try to switch to
fullscreen, it doesn't go to fullscreen, just some menus disappear. When
Galeon isn't maximized, I can normally switch to fullscreen. But when it
is swited to fullscreen and I want to save an image by the right-click
menu and the dialog box comes up, my mouse keys are blocked. I just get
a beep when I click a mouse button, but nothing happens.

When I try to configure sawfish with the GNOME Control Center, I only
get the message "The applet encountered an error", but I get no hint,
what this error could be.

Any ideas how I could fix it?

BTW.
Is there a common discussion/support list for Slackware? On their
webpage I only found announcement lists.

--
Tschuess
	Andreas