using olvwm as the window manager

I have a fresh installation of Fedora2 and I want to make olvwm the default
window manager. I have tried several things and I can actually get olvwm
running, but it never reads my user setup files, so if I change my
background color or something like that, the next time I log in its back to
the original. I am not sure that I have it set up correct. If anyone knows
how I should be doing this, please let me know. If you can give me a
step-by-step instruction I would appreciate it so I can try to figure out
where I went wrong.

Thanks!
Miranda

---