Re: Segmentation Fault

In all likelihood, Gnome isn't to blame.  Lots of libraries changed
between Red Hat 7.3 and Red Hat 9, including the support for kernel
threads (migration from LinuxThreads to NPTL, which is more POSIX
compliant).

You should run it in a debugger, and get a full stack trace.  It's
possible that your program is corrupting memory, and the memory
corruption was non-lethal before, but is lethal now.

You might also try running it under valgrind (use Google for more).
Valgrind can be used to find a variety of memory corruption errors.

 - Jon