Segmentation Fault

I could use some advice about a problem I am having.
I am working on a large 'C' program (several thousand lines) which uses several very large arrays.  This program has no GUI yet.  The development to this point has been on RedHat 7.3 and with the KDE environment and that combination works fine.  When I tried to upgrade to RedHat 9.0 my program would crash giving me a Segmentation Fault.  What seems to be the only real difference is that the operating environment is now GNOME. The same thing happens on RedHat 7.3 with the GNOME environment.  When I follow the thread through with the debugger it crashes at a statement  flagT = -9; which isn't much help.  This whole program of 29 source files compiles and links fine, and executes about half way through before it crashes.  Is there something that I don't know about that should be included to run in the GNOME environment?  I have searched the web for a similar example with no success.
Some tips would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a bunch
Larry